[bookport] Re: Realistic Wish List

  • From: Bruce Toews <dogriver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:00:32 -0500 (CDT)

You know, I understand how hard it is to be a little forward thinking. I stuck with Dos until 2002, and then went kicking and screaming to Windows. I understand the desire to stick with what is. I'm not putting down what we have now. I'm just seeing the possibilities here, and I thought a little creative thinking would be fun and, here's how naive I am, useful. Let's all revert to the VersaBraille and the TSI Speech Plus calculator, shall we? After all, there truly was nothing wrong with those products, and if progress scares so many people, let's see if we can't make them more cheaply and make everyone hapy.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: dogriver@xxxxxxxx

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, Chris Hill wrote:

I think you'd be surprised, Bruce, how old technology stays around.
Chips that are long since gone from the consumer arena hang around for
years in new embeded applications.