[bookport] Re: Interesting rumor

  • From: "KEITH CREASY" <KCREASY@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:30:38 -0500

Hi James and all.

Certainly everyone understands that the Bookport isn't perfect and
certainly will eventually be out of date, as all technology is after a
few years. The necesity to purchase new devices to "keep up..." so to
speak isn't a strictly blindness issue, it is just one of the aspects of
owning up-to-date technology in general.

The Bookport has proven to be the most popular technology product APH
has ever offered and has been relatively trouble free.

AS for the software that transfers files of various formats, it too has
proven to work well. Some compromises, such as using Word for some types
and BWR for DAISY content, were made to get the product out and keep
costs down.

It is a solid device and has proven its merit by its popularity.

Having said all this I also must say that we do pay attention when
critical comments are made and do attempt to improve products whenever
possible so please don't stop making critical comments and suggestions
as they are generally helpful and welcome.

>>> james.jolley1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 01/18/07 04:30AM >>>
Hi Grant,
In general, when my port worked, it worked  and I got many hours of use
of it. the problems outlined were more to mention it to the
staff to let them know that there are certain design issues.