[bookport] Re: Interesting rumor

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 20:20:50 -0500

I guess you've disassembled your BP in order to determine that the keys are
rubber. The fact that the key _caps_ are rubber has absolutely no role to
play in determining how long they may last and unless you've completely
disassembled a unit, you have no more idea than anybody else how they're
designed. You may never have dropped your unit, but how many times has the
headphone plug been yanked out of the jack by accident? It's really too bad
you've had such bad luck, since the Book Port remains the single finest
piece of design of blindness technology that I've seen; let alone owned; in
more than fifty years of using such devices.