[blindreplay] Re: question

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 16:10:17 -0400 (EDT)

Two other points to what Petro has already mentioned:

(1)  Petro has done an excellent series of mini podcast tutorials
explaining various aspects of using RAV.
When I started with RAV a couple of years back, they proved invaluable in
reducing needed experimentation on my own and the learning curve.

(2)  If you explore the help menu of the program,
        (reached by typing alt+h from within RAV), you will find a
detailed User Guide.
Make use of it as it covers many of the main and finer points of getting
the most out of this excellently designed and though out software.

And, I just thought of a 3rd:

(3)  When scheduling a program, I like beginning my recording a minute
early and finishing a minute late.
That way, I am more certain of getting the entire show.
Keep in mind that internet streams don't run concurrently with the
over-the-air broadcast.
Dependent on the station, and the streaming technique they are using, it
could be as much as several minutes behind the on-the-air broadcast.
Thus, perhaps for an initial end time, I might make that 2 or 3 minutes
for a recording just in case -- particularly if I have not worked with
that feed previously.

-----

              Mike

If I walk with the world, I can't walk with God.
Dwight L. Moody