[blindreplay] Re: Problem capturing a stream

  • From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 13:36:21 -0700 (PDT)

This stream is on demand or others call it archived. Basically already
recorded. Meaning it is not live.

Manually enter this URL to Replay AV 8 below.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/playlists/md/55/d0/0b/1500_bbc_radio_fourfm.

Make sure the above link is complete with no spaces in it when you copy it.

To manually enter a new show or station do:
Run Replay AV 8
Press applications keyboard key.
Choose "enter new show" and press your enter key.

The edit show properties dialog box appears on your screen and the basic tab
properties sheet is active.

Enter your show name like: Last Word

Paste the URL address I have given to you into the URL edit box.

Change the "convert to" combo box to .mp3 32 kbps.

The default is to make you .rm recording which requires Real Player or
alternative player that supports real streams/recordings.

Place check mark in the "record now" checkbox.

Choose OK.

You will now be back on main interface of Replay AV 8.

Go to the list box view where all your stations and shows are stored. Arrow
down to Last Word show and you will hear "capturing".

When you no longer hear capturing and tagging on the Last Word line in the
listbox your recording has finished.

The other way is to find a BBC Radio 4 live stream URL like in the replay media
guide and add it and tell Replay AV 8 edit show properties the start and end
recording times for the Last Word show. You will need to change the basic tab
name field, convert to combox box and leave the checkbox unchecked.

Hope this helps. One more thing I don't know if BBC 4 changes its on
demand/archived URL address on a daily basis or if it permanent.