[blindreplay] Re: Replay MediaGuide & Window-Eyes 6.1 Help

  • From: "Rick Alfaro" <rick.alfaro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:54:17 -0400

Petro,

Here is how I do it.

Say for example I am looking for the Computer Outlook Show.

From the media guide main page, I click on shows.  On the shows page I
navigate to the edit search box, and I type in Computer Outlook, and hit
enter.

On the results page, I use shift control f which is the WindowEyes find
command, and search for the word add.  That will bring me to a link that
sounds quite long, but actually has the words add show as part of the link.
Just hit enter on that link and you will get the ReplayAV dialog to add your
show.  Not that the link just below that add show link is the info link.
Once you are aware of the fact that WindowEyes sometimes reads links a
little differently, you will get used to it.

Another trick if you are not sure about what a link will do is to position
yourself right on the link and hit insert e for element properties.  You
will get a dialog that will show you every element that link is made up of.
If you shift tab in this dialog, you will see that it says add.gif which is
your other indicator that this is a picture link that probably has a graphic
called add showing on that line.

Hope this explains it.

Warmest regards,

Rick Alfaro