[blindeudora] Re: Eudora

  • From: Danny Weiss <dannyw.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 11:53:47 -0700

Pat -

No problem. I am new here and was not aware of the protocol. I am happy to comply.

-Danny.

At 09:10 AM 5/28/2015, you wrote:

Danny, Thanks so much for your input here.

When replying to a message, can you please put your message above the previous message, please? <smile>

Your message reply was below my message.

Thanks much.

Many Blessings,

Pat Ferguson
"I can Do all Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13.

At 10:08 AM 5/28/2015, you wrote:
At 06:59 AM 5/28/2015, you wrote:
I often backup my in.mbx out.mbx saved.mbx and my eudora.ini files and also my address book which is the nndbase.nnt. i never backup the .toc files, since they are only indexing files, and Eudora will re-create them.

Pat Ferguson

While you are correct that the toc file can be rebuilt, they often will be missing some desired information when you do that, such as whether the message has been read. Therefore, I backup my entire Eudora data directory to a second drive every day. So, I almost always have a current duplicate of all my mbx, toc, ini, search, attachment, and other files contained in Eudora's data directory.

Given what storage costs today, I think such a daily backup is an easy and very worthwhile thing to do. I use the XXCOPY utility (see: www.xxcopy.com) in a simple batch file with the following format: xxcopy c:\data\eudfiles h:\eudorabakup /backup. Pretty much the same thing can be done using Windows' native xcopy command, but XXCOPY offers some additional flexibility (such as the /backup option shown in my batch file command). FYI: xxcopy is available in both a free version and a very cheap but more advanced Home version.

-Danny.

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora