[blazie-support] Re: update on M40

  • From: "Laura Eaves" <leaves@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blazie-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:13:43 -0400

Hi David --
I called back and asked if they'd extend the return time another 30 days (or
I'd cancel the exchange) and they agreed to do it.
So I'm getting another unit.
Funny thing happened though.
I had my buggy unit unit plugged in all night -- 14 hours in fact.  When I
got up this morning I tried turning it on and the stupid thing made a liar
out of me and started to work -- at least for a while.
(Of course, the recharge time on the M40 is supposed to be only 4 hours, and
it didn't work until long after 4 hours had passed.)  I experimented with it
and it indeed did work for a while but then started flaking out again.
Right now it's speaking the lines in my file but the braille display is only
displaying the operational messages, such as "invalid input" or "top of
file" -- nothing else.
It's a real lemon.

Anyway, I have another 30 days with another unit.
I'm going to really put it to the test...
Maybe I should have ditched FS and gotten an Elba...  I like linux -- but
I'm not getting the notetaker for the purpose of surfing the internet or
reading email.  I have a laptop to do that.  I got the notetaker(s) to take
notes and generally read and write and keep a calendar and other data on a
portable device.
At least I have the blt for a backup.
But no money...
Thanks to all for your feedback.