[blazie-support] update on M40

  • From: "Laura Eaves" <leaves@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "notetaker list" <blazie-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 05:53:41 -0400

Hi all --
I called FS tech support last evening and told them I was going to return
the unit for a refund.
None of the guys I talked to could suggest anything that worked.  My M40 is
dead as a door nail, even after being recharged overnight.
As soon as I said I would return it they gave me to someone who handled
returned merchandise, who really gave me a hard sell to exchange the unit
for another new one instead of getting my money back, insisting that the
Millenium notetakers are very reliable (giving his own unit as an example)
and saying FS would stand behind me all the way.  (I wisely refrained from
joking that they'd stand behind me and stab me in the back...;)
I told him about this list and the other people that complained of the same
problems with this notetaker.
He said he made it a point to stay away from those lists, that it was a
place for a few people to get together and complain but that that wasn't
representative of the customers as a whole.  (I didn't say it but I would
think it would be wise for a company like FS to have representatives lurking
on these lists to provide support to users and give feedback to the
company.)
He insisted that they sold hundreds of M20s and M40s and had very little
problem.

Anyway, I only have a few days left in my 30 day trial period, so I wanted
to get this done in a hurry.
But he wore me down so I agreed to wait a couple days for a new unit and
he'd include with it a packing label with free shipping.  (Ok, call me a
whimp...)
I don't know how I'm going to pay for all this stuff -- the M40 and the blt,
which I think I'll keep for a backup.
It'll take a while to pay off my credit card.  But having 2 might be useful
if I use them a lot, which I think I will.

But if I decide not to keep the unit they send me I feel as though they
should refund my money.

The reason I let him talk me into waiting for a replacement was that there
are features on the M40 that I wanted, such as the ability to extend flash
memory and the doubletalk speech, and whatever else I can't think of.

One thing I should mention, as a correction to my notetaker list info in my
earlier mail.
I asked Mike (the guy doing the hard sell) if they were going to drop the
Millenium when the Pack Mate came out.  He insisted they were not going to
drop the Millenium.  (Whatever they say, I think they will drop it when the
Pack Mate gets extended with the braille display, which they have planned
for sometime next year.)

So that's the current state of affairs...
Comments/suggestions welcome.
--le

PS: If the tech people at FS are really under the impression that the M20s
and M40s don't have these problems, perhaps those of you with problems
should call in and complain.
The number (which I'm sure you probably know) is 727-803-8600