[blazie-support] Re: hello out there -- I have a question

  • From: "Laura Eaves" <leaves@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blazie-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 18:09:13 -0400

Hi --
If your blt works I'd suggest keeping it and getting a laptop -- that way
you can run standard applications instead of the proprietary,
soon-to-be-obsolete software on the Millenium.
Did you go to either of the conventions last month?  Someone is coming out
with a laptalk -- basically a laptop without a screen that runs windows and
is supposed to be accessible.  Think it has WinEyes packaged with it.
If you wait long enough, you may be able to get one with the bugs worked out
plus peripherals like a CDRW for backups (and whatever else you want to use
it for...)
If you don't want to be tied in to using WinEyes, you can always get a
regular laptop and install jaws or whatever you want.
If you want I will scrounge around and find the contact info for the
laptalk.
Cheers.
--le