[bksvol-discuss] validating

  • From: "Hope Hein" <hmhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 23:25:43 -0400

I am trying to validate This Side of HEAVEN. I down loaded it in to my documents, then unzipped it, then brought it up in word. Lastly I changed the file name so it could be edited. I found many errors as well as missing words or even possibly sentences. I am correcting the errors and trying to figure out what is supposed to be written to complete missing sentences. It is so garbled in some spots that I am going to check it out of the library and try a rescan. The reason I am saying all of this is two fold. Firstly, could my computer be doing something I.a. taking out words or not showing them to me? Secondly, could the people who scan the books also validate them since they have the print copies? This is just a suggestion. I know that I am knew and do not know much about scanning and validating. You all are doing a wonderful job and it is a privilege to read the books. I just wonder if the books could be scanned and validated by the same person it would save time and frustration. I have tried to validate four books and only one has made it so far.

I would be grateful for any suggestions if anyone thinks my computer may be causing some of the missing lines. Also, please give me feedback on what you think of the same person scanning and validating.
Thank you
I love Book Share and truly want to make it the best it can be.
Hope