[bksvol-discuss] Re: txt page breaks redux

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 23:02:11 -0600

Way to go Robert!

Robert,  Kurzweil can say 'blank' or beep if you move to a blank line.
Please send me a note privately and I will attach my default settings file
that I use for Kurzweil.  You may need to change the scanner driver
assignment in settings/scanning.

Guido

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
Research Division,
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

"bob tweedy" <rtweedy2@xxxxxxx>
12/28/2004 09:49 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: txt page breaks redux

Guido I agree. As you and others know, I just got kurzweil 9 and the patch
and even though it has been a learning curve as well as fun, I am still
thinking of customer service for bookshare first and mostly. On top of
that, my main computer went down and hopefully it will be back tomorrow
with a 3.0 or higher processor and 120 gig hard drive. The memory will be
1 gig but enough about that. I am thinking of bookshare as well in this
because the less time to scan a book but it passes my standards as well as
bookshare's waas the reason that went into my considerations about
upgrading since the computer is a little over three years old. If you
don't mind me going ahead and ask a  question here about putting in a page
number where it belongs, particularly at the bottom of a page, does
kurzweil put in a blank when it says new line? The reason I'm asking is
because with practicing this morning, I went in and marked parge 45 for
example and after checking, kurzweil didn't say blank after the period and
it was on a new line. I just have kurzweil to use as an editor for now and
want to make sure everything turns out like it ought to be.