[bksvol-discuss] Re: .txt and .rtf

  • From: "Marissa Mika" <Marissa.M@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 14:49:29 -0800

Hi Mary,

Were you off list for a while? We had a long and involved discussion
about this and I'm not excited about resurrecting it. What I've been
telling people is to continue doing what they're doing--there are
isolated incidents in book approvals where page breaks are either not
generated or there were no page breaks inserted in an RTF file. In those
cases, we've been contacting submitters, notifying them of the
situation, and then working with tech support on an ad-hoc basis to see
if there's a way to generate page breaks on our end or the other end.

So anyway, feel free to continue downloading txt files and validating
them. There is no policy change about txt files at this time.

Thanks,
Marissa