[bksvol-discuss] Re: .txt and .rtf

  • From: "Louise" <lougou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 13:10:57 -0600

I have   more than a thousand books that I've scanned in txt format, but
won't be able to submit to Bookshare since txt files don't have page breaks.
I can't see myself going page by page through all of these books and
manually putting in page breaks!!  It's my understanding that by going to
save as in a txt file and then choosing  the rtf format   doesn't
automatically put in the page breaks.  Therefore, I don't know of any  quick
way of putting the page breaks in txt files.
Besides, I don't see why page breaks are  so important in books such as
romances, mysteries, westerns, etc.  I can see their validity in nonfiction
books such as textbook or reference books!!