[bksvol-discuss] Re: .txt and .rtf

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 18:46:39 -0800 (PST)

Mary, if a file can be *submitted* as an rtf file, (1)
more people can/will validate it, and (2) the rtf
files retain formatting like italics and page breaks,
which txt files do not., at least when validated via
Word. I understand that there is a program that will
retain the page breaks but I think Mike or Dave or
whoever mentioned it said it still doesn't retain
italics or other fonts. Once a txt file is submitted,
though, it can't be uploaded as anything but a txt
file. It can be changed to Word for validation
purposes but any font changes made and page breaks
inserted won't be kept when converted back to ttx for
uploading.

Cindy

http://my.yahoo.com