[bksvol-discuss] Re: ten validations

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:30:54 -0400 (EDT)

A couple of general thoughts on what's being discussed:

(1)  Just as with radio talk shows, not every list subscriber is a poster.
I'd hazzard to guess that more people do not (or infrequently post) than
do post on a continual basis.
Unless you happened to check a subscription list of many of the lists I
happen to subscribe to, you would never know that I read the msgs.

(2)  When one feels a stage of burn-out as a volunteer, it makes sense to
step back, recharge oneself, and then decide whether to resume
volunteering.
At some time, we all go through this for a variety of reasons and, believe
it or not, sometimes it is because we have, in the past, attempted to do
too much.

Fortunately, the Bookshare volunteer pool seems to be growing so we can
afford to allow those needing a break that opportunity.

And to Tony, enjoy the respite from volunteering and hope it gives you a
chance to explore other things or return to things that fulfilled you in
the past.

       Mike