[bksvol-discuss] Re: slow web site

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:37:53 -0600

Dave,

I agree.  There's no reason to do it, but that doesn't mean that is not what
they're doing.  It's the only thing that I thought of that would cause both
pages to take so long.

I don't think the slowness can be explained by building all the links that
you are talking about.  That should be a fairly quick process.  After all,
there's a minimum of 100 links in the table on the New books page plus more
information per book than on the Step 1 page.  Basing it on this, then the
Step 1 page should be slower than the New books page, but not as much slower
as people are reporting.

The reason for why it's so slow is not what is important, though.  If
everyone is having problems with these pages, then we need to make sure that
Support is aware of the problem.  That's why I was wondering if any one else
is getting any better results.

Gerald