[bksvol-discuss] Re: slow web site

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 22:13:05 -0500

Jake,

While I am not familiar with the particular mechanism used by Bookshare to
retrieve the book data, My best guess based on existing data regarding the
time it takes to get certain pages, is that Bookshare retrieves all
pertinent data regarding a book when it retrieves information on titles and
authors.  This is an inherent flaw in the query methods.  But, this is a
guess on my part based on  what I know of relational databases and such.

Pratik

Pratik Patel
Interim Director
Office of Special Services