[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanner recommendations?

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:59:13 -0500

My HP Officejet 7310 All-In-One, prints out sweet color pictures of hobbits from LOTR web sites and has been a super copy machine, but no one has been able to convince it to communicate with my Open Book, so if you invest in specialized scanning software like Open Book or Kurzweil, you are safest to buy a scanner the manufacturer recommends. Turn over is so rapid at the stores, that I've found the models that are recommended have been long out of stock so buying what you need over the computer may be the best choice. I do regret not being able to feel the controls before I buy a scanner because on some machine they are touch points behind flat panels and not at all finger friendly. So, we have to look a little harder, but the hundreds of books on step one are proof that functional scanners can be found and that going the extra mile to buy hardware that will collaborate with your soft ware is worth the effort.

Good luck.

Always with love,

Lissi