[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanner recommendations?

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 01:48:39 -0500

Jamie, I'm playing catch-up with mail and haven't seen the beginning of this thread. In case it helps, I'm using a Cannon CanoScan Lide scanner. I like both its price and its scans. It cost me $79 at Office Depot. A friend of mine bought a more recent model and is getting good results with it too. It's a quiet scanner and light-weight. I don't know it's speed though. I do know it's USB 2.0 compliant and will also work with the old USB 1 standard if necessary. It's responsive, and its scanning software doesn't conflict with either Openbook or Kurzweil at all. It seems to do equally well for scanning photographs according to my sighted daughter. I hope that helps a bit.

Monica Willyard