[bksvol-discuss] Re: pre-marking RTF files

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 16:27:51 -0400

We have a hard time getting submitters and validators to remove junk characters, garbled titles and so forth. Some folks do not use spell checkers or do not seem to use them judging from what I have experienced during five years of volunteering.

Expecting volunteers with a variety of computer skills to adopt complex tagging procedures is expecting a lot.

E.

At 04:17 PM 9/9/2008, you wrote:
Why not? Because those of us who know nothing about html tags would get confused. It is best to keep it as simple as possible for us nearly computer illiterate types. In a message dated 9/9/2008 4:14:14 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Hi all,

This is an excellent idea  Why not use tags that are as close to html
tags as possible?  e.g.

<index> </index> <title
pages>  </title pages>  Something like that, and perhaps the stripper
would understand?   If we added the tags, it might make life a lot
easier.  I say go for it, but make them as close to existing tags as
possible.  Enclose them in < >   and make the closing tag with a   /
as is normal in HTML.   That's what I'd do if I were thee.

Oh, turn on your punctuation to read this message properly, please.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring