[bksvol-discuss] Re: ot is a courtesy rather than thumbing one's nose at moderator or other list members

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 02:18:45 -0500

Hi Kim.
You said, "By the by, I've noticed a couple of
books submitted by Roger Drewicke. Do I contact him or just grab a file?" I'm not sure what you mean, if you are wondering whether you should contact a scanning type person before proofing their book, I'd say "No way". Just grab it and proof it. If I have an email address for the scannor I'll email them during proofing if I have questions, or once I've submitted the book, just to let them know that it was a pleasure proofing their book. My philosophy is: I don't scan because I'm such a lousy scannor, so I proofread other peoples scans, and I am very greatful for their efforts. If I notice something that could improve a person's scan I'll let them know nicely.

Just my take on this.

Bob
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>