[bksvol-discuss] Re: e: Re: Accessing Adult-rated books; was Ann Coulter Books

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garyp130@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 05:05:41 -0500

I guess i'm on the side of restriction to college age.  It's the parenting
issue again.  But, a book like Slander doesn't belong there anymore than
anything by Gore.  It's topical reading and that in and of itself will
restrict who reads it.
Take, for example, Rivers of Blood, Years of Darkness (that might be reversed). It's a book on the Wats riots. Profanity, yes, but it's reportage pure and simple.
That shouldn't have an adult sticker.