[bksvol-discuss] Re: e: Re: Accessing Adult-rated books; was Ann Coulter Books

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 08:03:07 -0800 (PST)

One idea might be to make it so a person under say 12 can only access books
marked in the children or teen section. But a submitter and validator would
have to be sure to choose those categories for the books they submit and
validate.

  I try to choose as many applicable categories as possible when I submit a
book.

  I validated a book recently that came back with the Bookshare tool saying it
had 14 words that were found to be adult or profanity and I know darned well
this book had no such thing! I read almost every word of this book! It was not
even a teen book--it was a children's book.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - But I survived / Tadeusz Sobolewicz
Sign Language Products for Children including DVDs, Flash Cards, Books and
More!