[bksvol-discuss] Re: book upload

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:51:17 -0400

Hi Ann,

Yes it is habit more than anything else I guess.
It's always been fine to send zip files, as long as what's inside is a Rtf file. The same goes for submitting scans for the Step 1 page, they can be zipped as long as what's inside agrees with the file type you've selected. I suppose it also goes back to when I used to have a dialup IP connection, I didn't want to waste any more time than necessary, for fear of being knocked off line if nothing else. Now I would justify going through the extra step in order to save on Internet band width, and to do my bit for the green supporters! I think it's time to go throw another log in the wood stove.

Dave

At 08:08 AM 3/31/2008, you wrote:
Hi all,

Interesting that you zip your files. I would zip mine, except that the form requires that the files be sent in rtf. It does not say to zip them. It makes a point of requiring the rtf format. So, I didn't know I could zip the file if I wanted to do so. I have been sinding mine in rtf cuz that's what the form said. <smiling> I guess I'm a literal sort of person. Is it OKto zip uploads? I guess I didn't give it much thought when set against huge sound files. Most books are between 100 and 500KB that's hardly worth zipping any more. Must be Dave is from the DOS school. Those of us who are from there tend to have conservative habits like small file-names withno spaces and zipping all uploads, etc.

Do you folks want zipped files? If so, it's no biggy, I just figured I was following directions. Could somebody clarify? Thanks.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

E-mail message checked by Internet Security (5.5.0.212)
Database version: 5.09520
http://www.pctools.com/en/internet-security/