[bksvol-discuss] Re: a few questions

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 19:44:36 -0800 (PST)

Carrie,

Interesting to know that parts-of-sentence switching
is caused by the OCR. I've run across it quite a few
times in books I've validated and wondered what caused
it. I assumed it was a problem with the scanning, with
maybe the scanner not holding down the book firmly
enough. Sometimes sentences from one page show up on
the facing page--or what I assumed was the facing.

At first I thought the missing part of the sentence
was missing and typed it in. Then I found it  further
down on the page. Now I look for it with Find and cut
and paste. Sometimes I carry part of a sentence  into
another word file and then when I find where it goes I
put it back. So, if it's a problem with ABBY 7 it's
been there a long time. It would indeed be nice if it
could be fixed.

Cindy