[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validating

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 16:18:35 -0500

Bookshare's rule is that a different person validate the book from the person who scans it. It is a safeguard to make sure more than one person checks out the book. Usually if somebdy wants a book they scanned validated quickly they mention the book and a description on this list. That often gets the interest of a possible validating person. Some folks enjoy scanning more than validating and some of us do not scan either because we do not have the equipment and software or because we enjoy validating. Hope this helps explain things.

E.
At 04:07 PM 3/9/2007, you wrote:
I was under the impression that volunteers both scan and validate books. Are there people who only want to scan and don't want to validate? Several people have commented that their book isn't being validated fast enough. Why do you not validate it yourself? Can the same person not scan and validate a book?

:)
melissa