[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 12:17:32 -0700 (PDT)

Patti,

I had the same probably when I scanned. It seems to be
the nature of the beast. They always come at the ends
of lines, so maybe the scanner doesn't want to stop
putting in text and so creates some (smile). Also, my
OCR puts the paragraph symbol -- return?-- at the end
of every line, so when I read it over -- I always
pre-validated before submitting-- I remove them by
hand as I read. It's become quite automatic to remove
the junk--by globally replacing with nothing if I can
and by deleting by hand otherwise--and doesn't disturb
my reading.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com