[bksvol-discuss] Re: Refresher on fill in the blanks

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 21:01:56 -0600

Hi Cindy!

Thanks for experimenting with a blank.

I think Mayrie said that the underscore would choke the braille conversion tool. It doesn't look like a blank on a braille display, because that braille symbol is used to indicate italics. In paper braille books, we can use a symbol that is lower than hyphens so that it's a lot like the print underscore, but, I guess the computers have a different idea. That's too bad, because if it could be displayed like the print underscore on a braille display, our problem would be completely solved. I guess we have to put up with what works.

Debby

P.S. Just signing "Cindy" is fine, I think.

At 05:32 PM 12/31/2011, Cindy wrote
I just replaced the few underlining of blsnk dpsce with 5 hyphenstogether:-----

It seems to created a ssosrt of dotted line--; if that causses problems, there is, on the top of the hyphen key a longer line: would this work?__________

One gets it by using the the shift key with the hyphen key. In the above example I just held it for a second or teo, but here: I'll hit it 5 times _____ G. Cindy (Does another Cindy post a lot? IF not, it's easier for me just to sign myself Cindy than G. Cindy smile