[bksvol-discuss] Re: Refresher on fill in the blanks

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 22:56:29 -0800 (PST)

thanks. 4 hyphens with a space at either end is quicker to type, and easier for
me to do without mistyping,  than the bank line in brackets so I'll do that
Cindy

>________________________________

translator.  It's either the four hyphens with a space on each end, or
[blank line] that will be most effective.  In my opinion ---- works best,
is simplest and shortest to keyboard into a book, and according to the teacher
friends of mine with whom I've talked won't confuse sighted readers. But [blank
line] would be equally acceptable.

>Mayrie
>

>________________________________

and the hypenkey down for a count of 2 or 3; or ___
>holdiong the shift key and hitting the hyphen key 3 times. It's the
longer line aboe the hyphen on the hyphen key

>>________________________________

  Cindy!

>>Thanks for experimenting with a blank.
>>
>>I think Mayrie
  said that the underscore would choke the braille conversion
>>tool.  It
  doesn't look like a blank on a braille display, because that
>>braille
  symbol is used to indicate italics.  In paper braille books, we can
>>use a symbol that is lower than hyphens so that it's a lot like the print
>>underscore, but, I guess the computers have a different idea.  That's
  too
>>bad, because if it could be displayed like the print underscore on a
>>braille display, our problem would be completely solved.  I guess we
  have
>>to put up with what works.
>>
>>Debby
>>
>>P.S. Just signing
  "Cindy" is fine, I think.

>>At 05:32 PM 12/31/2011, Cindy wrote
  just replaced the few underlining of blsnk dpsce with 5
>>>hyphenstogether:-----
>>>
>>>It seems to created a ssosrt of
  dotted line--; if that causses problems,
>>>there is,  on the top of
  the hyphen key a longer line: would this
>>>work?__________
>>>
>>>One gets it by using the the shift key
  with the hyphen key. In the above
  or teo, but here: I'll hit it 5 times _____
>>>G. Cindy (Does another
  Cindy post a lot? IF not, it's easier for me just
>>>to sign myself Cindy
  than G. Cindy smile

  Saturday, December 31, 2011 3:20 PM
  Refresher on fill in the blanks

  everyone!

  Christmas, one being a SyncBraille
  with Window-Eyes.  I would have responded
  getting acquainted with the braille display and getting
  settings right in Window-Eyes for a 20 cell display after figuring
  out
  has.

  message:

  hyphens:

  over them or read them on the braille display, the four
  close together as far as I can tell.  Although I know a
  print
  this:

  inserted spaces, can't that be less than a
  horrible

  06:14 PM 12/27/2011, Valerie Maples wrote

  located higher and with
  good and be confusing, but if it
  have to defer to that and lose the fewer
  readers.  Ugh! Oh, well, that si why I ask ...

  >Keep up with Nichole's recovery:
>>>>
  >http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/nicholemaples

  choke the braille translator.  Will dashes not work for

  >sighted people?

  >----------

  3:15 PM

  >Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Refresher on fill in the blanks

  could that be a workable
  in Braille?

  will be  alot of work, but a great resource!

  >Valerie

  Nichole's recovery:

  I would use four hyphens together, surrounded by spaces to

  >indicate the blanks that need to be filled in.  Is that what you are

  >----------

  12:18 PM

  >Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Refresher on fill in the blanks

  remember the best
  the blanks in the study

        --

      mailto:<<mailto:the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  tongue of the wise uses knowledge rightly, But the mouth of fools
  pours
  NKJV

  Cause me to understand wherein I have erred.
  NKJV

  blank Email to
  the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list