[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question on validating editing?

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 09:59:36 -0500

Dear Sarah,

I'm glad to have dropped by the list in time to see your instructions for validating a book with footnotes. The book I'm three fourths finished with has between 30 and 55 footnotes per chapter and the chapters average about ten pages each.

I noticed the footnote numbers are immediately after the period in the sentences. I thought that since there were no spaces in the print book between the period and number that I should leave them as is. If you think it improves the book to insert a space after the period, I'll be more than happy to do so.

Oh, and I'm not sure if those numbers are officially footnotes in the case of my book. They refer to several pages after the end of the text which list them by chapter, as the numbering starts at one at the beginning of each chapter. After the number the author and page number of the source material on which the fact was based is written.

Given this information, do you still suggest that I insert the spaces after the periods? I'll be glad to do it as I am lucky enough to be able to work on a quality line rather than a time line!

Always with love and appreciation,

Lissi
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>