[bksvol-discuss] Protecting page numbers and chapter headings

  • From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 18:40:40 -0400

Hi all.

I hesitate to ask this question, but I can't find the answer on any of the
official or unofficial sites giving tips to scanners.

Did we ever determine absolutely what should be done to protect page numbers
and chapter headings?  What I want to know is:

1.      At the top of each page, do I need to put a blank line before and/or
after the page number?
2.      For chapter numbers/titles that appear at the top of the page, do I
put a blank line before and/or after it?
3.      Is it necessary to have something at the top of the page for the
BookShare stripper to strip?

I spend a good bit of time cleaning up each scan regarding page numbers,
chapter headings and stripping out unwanted headers.  I'm trying to do it in
such a way that it will result in the best book in the finished product.

I really, really hope that an answer has been found to this question and
that I'm not opening up the can of worms we've had before about the
different perceptions of what might work.  <smile>

Thanks.

Peace and Hope,

Donna