[bksvol-discuss] Re: Protecting page numbers and chapter headings

  • From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 14:23:15 -0400

Yes, I suppose you could put in "Strip this, sucker," but then if it didn't
strip it, readers who know nothing about the scanning validating processes
might really be confused.  <big grin>  I just write out the title of the
book, add a blank line, copy it to my clipboard and then paste it in
whenever I come across a chapter heading.  It's really not very much work.
Some of the more techno-savvy on this list have suggested ways to improve
the stripper, but that goes over my head pretty quickly, and at any rate, BS
hasn't made changes to it as of yet.  I still think it is best to manually
strip the junk headers and protect the page numbers.  Again, it's whatever
you're comfortable doing.

BTW, I have the same problem when actually reading a book instead of just
scrolling through for things to correct.  I've been reading scanned text
since the Easy Scan days, (that's pre-OpenBook for you youngsters out
there), and my brain is very good at transposing scan junk into real
English.  It's kind of scary, really.  <smile>

Donna

  _____