[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page numbers?

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 07:04:51 -0700

Meg, the problem is that the text may start on page 1, 3 5 7 9 or who knows.  A
Table of Contents can help you with knowing which page to use to begin
numbering the text, but otherwise you have to have a copy of the book or ask
the submitter to check their copy.

I would not guess; I would submit the proofread copy with a note in the
comments field stating that the page numbers did not scan.  Then I'd leave it
up to Bookshare to decide whether to add the book to the collection.

In my opinion, it is a shame to reject a beautifully scanned and proofread book
for lack of page numbers unless it is a textbook or bestseller.
And that last comment is just my opinion!

  Cat Lover Lori