[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page numbers

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 17:18:41 -0500

Monica,

Not sure if you misunderstood or just use the phrase stripped by accident,
but as I said in the earlier message, the Bookshare tools do not strip page
numbers.  From what I understand they do move them to the NCX file for the
DAISY book since that's where the navigation info is stored, but they're
added back to the text when a BRF file or HTML file is created.

Based on what you described, I'd suspect that the Stripper might have
trouble recognizing page numbers in your file due to the Tab character being
there or due to the text in the headers possibly not being 100% identical.
BTW, identical means exactly the same in regards to captilization and
whitespace( spaces and tabs), as well as the words in the text.  If it
didn't recognize them though, the line would be left on the page because it
mistook the header for part of the main text.

Of course, you shouldn't rely on my speculation, but check one of your
previous validations to see if what you did worked.  That's the only way to
know for sure what the Stripper did.  Note that I said validation and not
submission since you can't be sure what changes the validator made during
cleanup.

HTH

Gerald