[bksvol-discuss] Re: Common scanning typo/errors

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 14:59:37 -0700

I always read through whatever I submit or validate. I tried to change the law that forbids me from submitting or validating anything I hadn't actually read through after I got K1000. I certainly wouldn't have considered changing it before I got it. But after investigation, I have found that the votes in my psychical legislature still aren't there to make the change. So I am going to have to read through a couple of books I agreed to submit later this month. I was hoping that with ranked spelling and confidence levels that I could put the bill through, but it died in committee, so to speak. Too many junk characters near the spine of the book, despite my best efforts, especially in the early pages. Ranked spelling doesn't appear to catch them. I don't want my books looking like that. That was the real sticking point. If I could find a way to eliminate them, I might try again to change the policy. Chopping the book is not an option I am prepared to countenance.

----- Original Message ----- From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx>