[bksvol-discuss] Re: Common scanning typo/errors

  • From: The Pardees <jfpardee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:08:16 -0400

Hi,
No you can not create the characters on the keyboard. The system is to open the check file at the same time the document is open. Then copy the symbol from the check list and switch to the document and paste it into the find field, then delete it if it is junk. One of the symbols is the broken vertical bar.

Jim

At 01:41 PM 9/12/06, you wrote:

I would like to see that list as well. Does it contain methods for creating them on the keyboard? I get this broken bar symbol, and have no idea how to create it on the keyboard so I can do a search and replace to eliminate it. I have to hope one comes up, then select it and eliminate them that way. But I would like to be able to create all of these types of things on a keyboard to make it easier to find them. They are not all on JAWS insert-4 menu.

----- Original Message ----- From: "The Pardees" <jfpardee@xxxxxxxxxxx>