[bksvol-discuss] Re: Common scanning typo/errors

  • From: Pascha Lea <pascha2u@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 13:02:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi there,

Thanks for the offer, but that isn't quite what I was looking for. I thought
someone had compiled a list of common 'scannos' (scanner typos) - but this was
a long time ago, and I think my mental competence is deteriorating with age :)

I think I'll start compiling my own list - I'm specifically looking for scannos
that don't get caught with a spell checker. For example, the book I'm working
on had substituted the word 'die' for 'the' in many instances, and I've seen
this in other book scans as well. If I had a list of these scannos, I would run
through it quickly with a 'find and replace' before doing anything more
in-depth.

Thanks again,
Lea
The Pardees <jfpardee@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I have made up a file of junk characters that are not on the keyboard. It
includes bullet, degree sign, pound sign etc. If this is the list you are
referring to, I will be happy to send it to you.

Jim Pardee