[bksvol-discuss] Re: Bookshare Housekeeping Suggestion

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 11:47:03 -0400

There are a lot of book "sales" during the summer at various places near me. They often are yard sales, sales at Churches, or the library fund raiser. It is possible to get donated books for a couple of dollars or swap my donated books. I am a bit surprised, therefore, that Tony keeps asking for money on this list to pay for mysteries and science fiction books. Are these books Tony cannot get at a library or from a used book source such as half.com? Others on this list seem to have lots and lots to scan. There are about three times as many books on step 1 as there are on step 2. Are we low on books to validate?

Tony, is there a reason you are setting up separately from the bookshare wish list which the friends of bookshare are compiling so dilligently?

Tony, I am confused about the niche you are trying to fill. Please take this message as confused rather than criticism. I just do not understand what you are doing with your separate book drive.

E.