[bksvol-discuss] Re: Another Question for Braille Readers

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 01:39:41 -0400

That is what we need, a braille translation program for braille which is many years out of date!!!

Geesh.

Perhaps bookshare may consider upgrading it some day. This way the efforts of volunteers will be put to better use.

As a longtime volunteer I ask for feedback from staff who knows what is going on here.

We need feedback on how to deal with the stripper and now, apparently, on how to deal with an antiquated braille translation program.

Does somebody from staff want to take the time, please please, to assist us volunteers. We are doing the best we can. We all put in lots of hours doing our best to make the books as readable as possible.

Our quest for quality is difficult when we know so little about the antiquated stripper and antiquated braille translation program.

Perhaps some of the recent grant money can be put toward improving both so these poor students (grades 1 through 12) will have excellent braille from which to learn and books which reflect the care volunteers take with them.

E.