[birdky] Schochoh, Logan Co., weekend list

  • From: "Debby & Steve Tyson" <tyson9152@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'BIRDKY'" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 20:40:17 -0500

We counted 34 species this weekend, which seemed good, considering what we
missed (Blue Grosbeak, Bluebird, WB Nuthatch, Blue Jay, Black Vulture,
etc.).  I spotted a Great Horned Owl, last evening, when I stepped out to
see the rising moon.  The owl was sitting on a tree tip, at the field edge
in the distance.  We normally only hear them and it's unusual to actually
see one (by the way.the moon was lovely!).  Beside the Martins that I
reported this morning, the Yellow-billed Cuckoo was a highlight for the
weekend, as was the female Baltimore Oriole that we spotted on the deck rail
this morning, checking out the blueberries.

Stephen Tyson, Schochoh, Logan Co., KY

Species Name:

Northern Bobwhite

Turkey Vulture