[birdky] Schochoh, Logan Co. weekend list

  • From: "Debby & Steve Tyson" <tyson9152@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'BIRDKY Freelists'" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 20:04:01 -0500

This was an amazing weekend to be paying attention to birds!  We counted 37
species here at home, including a Vesper Sparrow this morning, which is new
for us here.  We saw five sparrow species for the weekend, though I expect
the White-crowns to abandon us any day.  We missed species that are on most
of our weekend lists, including WB Nuthatches, RT Hawks and T. Titmouse,
Flicker and Black Vulture.otherwise we would easily have reached forty.   We
too put up a hummingbird feeder yesterday and spotted a male Ruby-throated
sampling it this afternoon!

American Crow

American Goldfinch

American Kestrel

American Robin

Barn Swallow - FOS 04/07

Belted Kingfisher - FOS 04/09

Blue Jay

Brown Thrasher

Brown-headed Cowbird

Carolina Chickadee

Carolina Wren

Chimney Swift - FOS 04/08

Chipping Sparrow - FOS 03/20

Common Grackle

European Starling

Downy Woodpecker

Eastern Bluebird

Eastern Meadowlark

Field Sparrow

House Finch

House Sparrow

Mallard

Mourning Dove

Northern Bobwhite

Northern Cardinal

Northern Harrier

Northern Mockingbird

Purple Martin - FOS 03/31

Red-bellied Woodpecker

Red-winged Blackbird

Ruby-throated Hummingbird - FOS 04/10

Song Sparrow

Tree Swallow - FOS 03/12

Turkey Vulture

Vesper Sparrow - First on home list 04/10

White-crowned Sparrow

Yellow-throated Warbler - FOS 04/10

Stephen Tyson, Adairville (Schochoh), Logan Co., KY