[birdky] Schochoh, Logan Co., weekend list

  • From: "Debby & Steve Tyson" <tyson9152@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 18:31:43 -0600

This 34 species list looks very much like winter, except for the Palm
Warbler.  The Short-eared Owls, first reported on Thursday, continue over
the fields to the South-east of the house.  We spotted one from the house
last evening and drove over for a closer look for my daughter (a life bird
for her).  Late this afternoon I set up the scope at the house and we
spotted them again, with their distinctive moth-like flight, over the same
fields.  There were at least two visible among the Harriers.  That makes 123
species for our house list!

Stephen Tyson, Adairville (Schochoh), Logan Co., KY

Species Name:

American Crow

American Goldfinch

American Kestrel