[birdky] Schochoh, Logan Co., weekend list

  • From: "Debby & Steve Tyson" <tyson9152@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 16:48:07 -0600

At 4:20 CST, it's already so dreary, rainy and dark that all but the
Cardinals are gone from the feeders. The wind, then the rain kept our
numbers down for the weekend, though 34 species at this time of year is
probably not bad. We counted a late Palm Warbler today and a Phoebe on
Friday, but the big highlight for the weekend was the Sharp-shinned Hawk
that I reported yesterday. We noticed, when examining photos later, that it
was missing most of the right toe on its right foot. We scurried to examine
photos of the bird we photographed last March, wondering if it's foot was
whole. We found the toe/talon visible on that bird, but thought that the
missing toe will be a distinctive marker for this bird, if it returns.

Stephen Tyson, Schochoh, Logan Co., KY

Species Name:

Canada Goose

Turkey Vulture