[birdky] Purple Finches

  • From: "Eddie and Jennifer Huber" <edandjenhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bird Kentucky free list" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 17:42:18 -0500

    After Jennifer sent the previous letter about the purple finches at our
house in Southeast Jefferson Co.more of them appeared. I counted 47 they were
on the ground, at the feeders, as well as in the trees. It wasn't but a couple
of weeks ago and there were mostly house finches and just a few purple finches,
now there are no house finches and all purple finches. Also a good mixture of
the usual winter birds the past few days including hairy woodpeckers,fox
sparrows, ruby crown kinglet and turkeys.

    Eddie Huber