[birdky] Re: Purple Finches

  • From: linda craiger <lindacraiger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <raptors@xxxxxxxxx>, 'birdky' <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 16:53:33 +0000

I have had House Finches drinking from my hummingbird feeders for a couple of
years; even had to take the perch off the hummingbird feeder to reduce the
House Finches sitting & drinking.   Linda Craiger/Glasgow

From: raptors@xxxxxxxxxxx: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [birdky] Purple
FinchesDate: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 12:33:04 -0400

I wonder if any of you have ever had Purple Finches feeding at a hummingbird
feeder? I had a call yesterday from a woman that said for 2 years straight she
has had purple finches drinking from her hummer feeders.With the short beaks
they have I find that pretty strange.

Eileen
Eileen Wicker
Raptor Rehabilitation of KY Inc.