[AZ-Observing] Instant criminals

  • From: Jeffmight@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, evac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 13:38:14 EST

It seems the first arrest of a person using a laser to attempt to disable  an
airliner is an amateur astronomer who "used it to point out stars to my
daughter". I wonder how long it will be before someone we know is put through
this ordeal i.e. trying to prove their innocence to the federal government. I
hope they give us a special section at Guantanamo Bay.
But with our green laser pointers about to go the way of the dinosaur,  their
value will immediately increase. But I guess putting them up on eBay will  be
a crime in itself wouldn't it?  Jeff