[AZ-Observing] Re: Instant criminals

  • From: "Jack Jones" <Telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 22:50:12 -0700

The distance between Yavapai Point and the Lodge at North rim is almost
exactly 9 miles (47,000 ft.). The area lit up on the back wall was somewhere
around 25 ft wide. That's about 3 ft per mile give or take. The South rim
warriors confessed to using 20 mW lasers against our <5mW lasers, causing
escalation of 'powers' to commence for next year. Even though spread out after
9 mi of travel, they were still bright and flashed brightly to our dark
adapted eyes, but no after-images (or damage, I'm sure).

Jack Jones
Public Events Coordinator
Saguaro Astronomy Club
Phoenix AZ