atw: Re: Youse

  • From: Ken Randall <kenneth_james_randall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 01:39:08 -0800 (PST)

'As I predicted in earlier austechwriter threads, “youse” is on the march.'
(quoted from the email below)

Well, I can't remember the last time I heard "youse".  I probably have heard it
from time to time, but very infrequently.  The only person I have ever known
who used it was my late brother-in-law, who has been no longer  with us for a
very long time.  He used "you" for the plural more often than "youse" anyway.
That word is not part of everyday life (my everyday life, anyway).  Does anyone
else hear it often?