atw: Re: Youse

  • From: "Rebecca Caldwell" <rebecca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 14:10:16 +0800

Long words sounding 'nicer' doesn't come into my way of thinking,
sometimes, even with a simile, a different/long word just sums things up
better (to me) but that's about it.

Ha ha, I write for engineers, so you are right about writing for
audience, simple is always better in this case, but until 'youse' is
taught in schools as a second person plural, then I'll stay away. (Send
me to hell if this is already the case..)